How many times do you hear the phrase "Mum I'm bored" from your pre-teen during the long summer holidays? Too many I bet with a few tantrums and tears along the way
Tweens are at that in-between 10 - 12 years old a tricky in-between age still young but with the mood swings of a teenager
With the summer holidays just around the corner, I am already thinking about how on earth am I going to keep my 10 year old entertained and happy during the long 6-week summer holidays, I tend to find that although she is still at an age where she likes to play with her toys she wants to join in with what her two older teenage sisters are doing.
Well, don't worry, I have you covered I have put together a list of boredom buster activities. Fingers crossed you will get a cuppa in peace with a sneaky piece of cake!
Boredom Buster Jar Activities
- Write & illustrate a comic
- Set yourself a reading challenge of reading at least one book a week
- Go to an outdoor concert or music festival
- Sleep outside on the trampoline
- Go to an escape room
- Create a paint pouring art
- Write a song
- Learn how to bake bread
- Make soap
- Create a scrapbook
- Volunteer for a local charity
- organise your room
- Go Geocaching
- Play capture the flag at a local park woodland with friends
- Create a bucket list of 100 things to do in your lifetime
- Turn an old item of clothing into something new
- Upcycle a piece of furniture
- dedicate yourself to at least 90 minutes of physical activity a day
- Explore your home town
- Learn a new card game you haven't played before
- Complete a 100 piece puzzle
- Have a spa day at home
- Binge-watch your favourite TV show
- Collect information from family members about your family history and then share your findings with everyone
- Tie-Dye Tshirts
- Make a creative ice cream sundae
- Make a photo collage
- start a book club either online or in-person
- Interview your siblings and write a family newsletter
- Host a scavenger hunt
- Record a radio show
- Host afternoon tea for family or friends
- Go for a picnic
- Help around the house!
Before you go take a look at my Holiday Activities - A Parents Ultimate Guide for even more ideas to keep the boredom at bay.
Some of these activities may need a little help from a family member.