Favourite Apple Recipe
For me, there is just something about hot sweet puddings with warm custards in autumn. What is your favourite hot dessert?
Mine has to be a simple apple pie recipe:
Easy Sticky Toffee Apple Pudding
Serve with Cream, Custard or Vanilla Ice Cream
- 85g Butter, melted
- 140g Self-raising flour
- 100g Golden caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 200ml Milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1tbs Vanilla Extract
- 2 Bramley apples (or other cooking apples) Peeled, cored and Sliced
- 140g Dark brown sugar
- 50g pecans, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 180c/fan 160c/gas 4. Grease a 2 litre ( 3 ½ pints) ovenproof dish lightly with butter. Tip the flour, sugar, baking powder, along with a pinch of salt, into a large bowl. Mix together the milk, egg and vanilla extract and then stir into the dry ingredients until you get a smooth batter. Arrange the apples in the ovenproof dish, then spoon the batter on top and smooth with a knife until all the apples are covered.
- For the Topping, pour 250ml of boiling water over the sugar and stir together until smooth pour the liquid over the pudding mixture, then scatter over the pecan. Bake for 40 minutes until the pudding has risen and is golden. Use a big spoon to serve – Make sure you get some of the gooey caramel sauce covering the bottom of the dish.
- Serve with either fresh pouring cream, warm custard or vanilla ice cream.